This recipe is really different, and a very easy pasta dish to make. It has some really powerful flavor combinations with the walnuts, sun dried tomatoes, the fresh basil, parmesan cheese, and the feta cheese. It will go really well with a nice salad, with a home made vinaigrette, and some garlic bread. You can always add some very good Italian style olives, if you want to add that flavor profile to this dish. I hope that you enjoy this recipe, it is easy, and it tastes delicious.
Ingredients you will need:
1 (9-ounce) package of linguine
3/4 cup oil-packed sun dried tomatoes halves, drained
2 Tablespoons of canola oil, or olive oil
1/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves
2 tablespoons walnuts
2 tablespoons pre-shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, Make sure you salt your water well, as it will flavor your pasta, and you will not require as much salt in the end product.
- Drain pasta through a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Do not rinse your pasta, and return the pasta to the pan.
- While pasta cooks, place your canola, or olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, fresh basil, walnuts, parmesan cheese, garlic in a food processor; process until finely chopped.
- Combine tomato mixture and about half of the reserved 1/2 cup cooking liquid stirring with a whisk. You may need to add about 1/2 cup of warm tap water if the reserve liquid is too salty.
- Add to pasta; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with feta