This is a fall cinnamon-y Applesauce Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. It will be very nice treat to eat while sitting by a warm fire drinking a nice cup-o-Joe or hot cider. If you like fall because of the rich foods it brings you are going to love this easy recipe. It will take longer to cool the cake than it will to eat it….YUM!
Ingredients for Cake:
– 2 Cups of AP Flour
– 1 cup packed light brown sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
– 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
– 1/2 cup roasted pecans, chopped (optional)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste–
– 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
Ingredients for Frosting:
– 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
– 5 oz cream cheese, softened
– 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon vanilla paste
Instructions for Making The Cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degress and butter a 9 inch square pan and set aside, break out the mixer because you will use it for the cake and the frosting. It can me mixed by hand but you will get really tired. 🙂
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
3. Beat the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the eggs 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add and mix the applesauce. At low speed, mix in flour mixture until just combined, then stir in your roasted pecans (optional).
4. Add the batter spreading evenly in pan, and bake until golden-brown. I normally start checking about 30 minutes into the baking to make sure I do not burn and when you use a wooden toothpick in the center and comes out clean it is done and this usually takes around 40 to 45 minutes. Cool in pan for about 20-30 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cake to loosen, then place a plate on top and flip it over and out, then take the wire rack placing it on the side with no plate and flip again and then cool completely. While cooling make your frosting for your cake!
Instructions for Making the Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting: Mix the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla paste until fluffy. Sift confectioners sugar and cinnamon over cream cheese mixture, then mix until incorporated. When the cake is completely cooled you will spread the spiced frosting over top of your cooled cake. Then serve!
Avery Ranch, Austin TX
Come Share your Recipes or Blog with us @ https://www.facebook.com/TheTexasFoodNetwork