Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad
By Chef Shelley Pogue,
If you are looking for different ways to make chicken salad recipes here is one to try. It is made with low fat yogurt in lieu of sour cream and is fairly healthy for you if eaten in moderation. I know that on many diets you can get very bored with chicken and this is a way to make it more palatable for someone on the verge of just too much darn chicken!!!! Enjoy.
– 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced
– 1 cup diced mini English cucumbers
– 3/4 cup sliced green or red grapes, halved
– 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
– 1/3 cup chopped red onion
– 1/4 cup diced Kalamata olives
– 2 Tbsp sliced almonds
– 3/4 cup non-fat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt–
– 2-3 clove garlic, minced
– 2 – 3 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
– 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Make the dressing for the chicken salad: Add the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice and fresh dill, mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. In a mixing bowl add, cooled diced chicken, cucumbers, green or red grapes, feta cheese, red onion, Kalamata olives and sliced almonds. Add dressing and toss to evenly coat.
3. Serve with bread, rolls, croissants, wraps, or in pita pockets. You can substitute during Thanksgiving with left over turkey and this works too, store in refrigerator.