Private Dinner Chef Austin Texas
This is a very easy cheater pumpkin pancake recipe. I grew up on Aunt Jemima’s pancakes and waffles so I figured why mess with a good thing as far as pancakes go, just modify the flavor profile a little bit to suit my tastes. So, I have done just that and it makes for a very simple and easy recipe that will wow your family or guests with a nice hearty pumpkin pancake.
– 2 -1/2 cups of Aunt Jemima Pancake mix
– 1- 1/2 cups milk
– 1 cup pumpkin puree
– 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
– 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce (makes it really moist) you can omit if you do not have
– 1 egg
– 2 Tablespoons vinegar
– 1 Tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice –
– 2 tablespoons oil
– 2 teaspoons baking powder span>
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1.In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the pancake mix, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and ginger and salt in a separate bowl. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
2. Heat a lightly oiled cast iron skillet or non-stick pan over medium high heat. Ladle your batter into your skillet, when you see it start to bubble that means it is cooking and time to flip . Brown on both sides and serve hot with some whipped cream or a pumpkin butter, or a warm maple bacon syrup.