Personal Chef Services Austin Texas
– 1 pound thick-cut smoked bacon (16 slices)
– 1 cup of good maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place a baking rack on a sheet pan and arrange the bacon in 1 layer on the baking rack. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the bacon is cooked and nice and browned.
2. Remove the cooked bacon from oven and remove from pan, and pat dry to remove any leftover grease and let cool for a few minutes.
3. Take the cup of maple syrup and add to a small sauce pan and heat until warm. When you can handle the bacon cut into small pieces and add to the warm syrup.
4. Let simmer for about 5-10 minutes, or continue to reduce the syrup to more of a candied consistency if you are going to add as an ice cream topper….Like Caramel Bacon Candy sweet and savory!!!!!!