Personal Chef Austin Texas
If you like cookies, cheesecake and peanut butter then you have found a recipe that will tantalize your taste-buds and offer the combination of all 3.This is a fairly simple recipe and should be a hit if you are preparing for your family or guests. This is a good recipe to take to a company party of event that will make them ask for the recipe.
2 cups chocolate chips
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, unsalted – save 1/2 cup and let soften to mix with the sugar and oats.
1 cup white sugar, divided in half for the
1 cup flour
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup peanut butter
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla (I use Vanilla bean paste – More flavor in my opinion but regular works too)
1. Make the cookie dough: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cream the butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth and fluffy then add 1 egg and beat until incorporated.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture in with the softened butter and 1/2 c sugar, mixing well. Then add in the oats and chocolate chips and incorporate with the flour mixture.
3. Make the cheesecake filling: Cream the cream cheese, 1 egg, 1/2 c sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
4. Press half to two-thirds of the cookie dough in the bottom of a 9-inch square baking dish. Pour the cheesecake filling over the dough and crumble the remaining dough and sprinkle over the top.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes, but leave the foil vented you do not want to create steam just to bake. This step keeps it from browning to quickly so you will not burn your dessert.
6. Last step remove the foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes depending on your oven, or until lightly browned and cheesecake layer is set. Serve warm or cold and store leftover bars in refrigerator.