Private Dinner Party Services and Personal Chef Austin Texas
3-4 Cloves Garlic
1/2 C Honey
2-3 tsp Fresh lime juice
2-3 tsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Red pepper flakes
1 tsp Fresh ginger
1/4 C Soy Sauce
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 T Coconut Oil
1/4 C Chopped Shallots (about 1 medium)
6 Boneless/skinless chicken thigh fillets cut into bite sized cubes
Chopped cilantro for garnish (optional) I add a couple of teaspoons of fresh but some people do not like cilantro. All about preference you get to decide 🙂
1. In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, honey, fresh lime juice, red pepper flakes, black pepper, sriracha, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce. Add the chicken cubes, refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
2. Remove the chicken from marinade (reserve the marinade) thread the chicken through wooden skewers.
3. In a pot over medium high heat, add the olive oil and shallots. Sautee until shallots have softened, about 5 minutes. Add marinade and boil, stirring frequently, until reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes.
4. Grill directions: Preheat grill to medium high. Brush the grill lightly with oil.
5. Brush the chicken with the glaze, place on the grill. Brush with glaze and turn every 2-4 minutes until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro prior to serving.
7. Oven directions: Preheat the oven to 400. Place chicken on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil. Brush liberally with glaze. Roast at 400 for 30-40 minutes, brushing with glaze every 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
8. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro prior to serving.